Be a part of history and study in the world’s first Clinical Perfusion Online course!
Achieve and master all aspects of cardiopulmonary bypass including commencement, maintenance, separation and hemodialysis on bypass, setting up the circuits, cannulation, intra-aortic balloon pump, ECMO and deep hypothermic circulatory arrest – all online.
The University of Melbourne’s Mobile Learning Unit and the Australasian Society of Medical Perfusion (ASMP) have collaborated in the development of this online course (Operation of the Heart Lung Machine and related devices).
The Clinical Perfusion online course is directed by Dr. Joe Power MBBCh FCA(SA) FFARCSI FANZCA PG Dip Echo, who is a VMO anaesthetist with the Wesley Anaesthesia and Pain Management group in Brisbane, Australia. He is the president of the Australasian Society of Medical Perfusion and has been promoting the establishment of a formal education process for medical perfusion and working with the Department of Health representing the interests of medical perfusionists.
Who is this course suited to?
It is best that this course is studied while a student is working in a cardiac fellowship program that includes cardiac anaesthesia and transoesophageal echocardiography.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the equipment that is used in cardiopulmonary bypass and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. This includes understanding the circuits, the heat exchangers, cell savers, cannulas and monitors.
- Understand the effect of cardiopulmonary bypass on the major organ systems including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, hematological and endocrine. In addition, the impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on the pharmacology of the drugs used is included.
- Be able to completely manage all aspects of cardiopulmonary bypass including setting up the circuits, cannulation, commencement of bypass, maintenance of bypass, separation from bypass, hemodialysis on bypass, intra-aortic balloon pump, ECMO and deep hypothermic circulatory arrest.
- Understand how to manage problems that can occur on cardiopulmonary bypass including circuit thrombosis, oxygenator failure, anaphylaxis, failure of the heart lung machine and massive air embolism among others.
- 4 eLearning subjects
- 54 tutorials
- 39 case study submissions
- 100% online
How do I enroll?
To learn more about the course and course free sample, please visit http://go.unimelb.edu.au/r52r
The 13th International Congress of the Croatian Society of Extracorporeal Circulation Technology, Poreč May 7th to 10th, 2020.
Dear Colleagues,The 13th International Congress of the Croatian Societ...
4th MiECT Symposium
HEART AND CIRCULATION 2020Joint Cardiac Team Meeting:June 25-27, 2020P...
Technology of Extracorporeal Assist Meeting 2020, Zurich
Dear Colleagues, The heart failure epidemic is constantly emergin...
EACTA CPB Webinar
FREE ONLINE WEBINAR ORGANIZED BY THE EACTA EDUCATIONAL COMMITTEE IN CO...