The European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion invites applications for Board examinations, to be held in all European Full Member countries during the third weekend of November each year (friday or saturday, by decision of the national delegate). These examinations are supported by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, the European Society for Cardiovascular Surgery and the European Association of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiologists, for the award of the European Certificate in Cardiovascular Perfusion (ECCP).
Perfusionists are eligible for examination when the following criteria are met and attested by their chief perfusionist/head of department:
- Academic training from an EBCP-accredited programme
- Practice in Europe for a minimum of two years
- Currently employed and practicing as clinical perfusionist
- Completion of a minimum of 100 clinical perfusion procedures as primary perfusionist
- Competent to manage perfusion procedures unsupervised
- Competent to operate a wide range of commonly used equipment
- Competent to avoid and manage perfusion accidents
When the application form and fee have been accepted by the Board, the applicant will be sent an information packet which contains:
- The simplified examination syllabus
- A selection of sample questions, which are similar to the examination questions.
There is an appeals procedure for those who do not meet the full criteria to take the examination and feel they have special circumstances. It is stressed that appeals, which must be made in writing to the General Secretary of the Board at the above address, will be carefully scrutinised.
- Prof. Filip de Somer, PhD, ECCP Chairman
- Gerdy Debeuckelaere, MScN ECCP General Secretary
Application for the EBCP examination is done online.
For further Questions contact:
Application & guidelines forms
Application form - please click on this link to apply online for the exam
Application Harmonisation Certificate (Online form)
Deadline for application: 30 june of each year
- Applicants wishing to sit the Board's examination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have graduated from a perfusion training programme at an institution which has successfully applied for accreditation from the European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- Applicants must have practised clinical perfusion for a minimum of two years in a Full Member country by the date of the examination. (The training period is included in this time).
- Applicants must be currently practising clinical perfusionists.
- Applicants must complete and have signed the attestation statement by the Clinical Supervisor of their training programme which certifies that:
- the applicant has, as the primary perfusionist, conducted a minimum of 100 clinical perfusions and is now competent to practise unsupervised.
- the applicant is fully versed and is competent in the avoidance and the management of perfusion accidents.
- the applicant can set up and operate a wide range of commonly used equipment for cardiopulmonary bypass.
- A completed EBCP Logbook, current training programme logbook, or national logbook must accompany the candidate's application. All logbook entries must include the date and description of each performed procedure. All logbooks must be signed by the training programme director or the clinical supervisor.
- All candidates who successfully complete the Written Examination must also successfully complete a Practical and Oral Examination. These examinations may be completed at the training programme prior to graduation or, if having previously graduated, where the candidate is presently employed. In the later case, the exam must be organised with the aid of the national Delegate to the EBCP, while an EBCP Observer is required to be present at the exam. Practical and Oral Examination Forms are available through the EBCP. The ECCP will be awarded upon successful completion of all three examinations.
Optimizing patient management with CytoSorb Hemoperfusion Therapy in Cardiac Surgery - scientific evidence and clinical practice Webinar No. 3
Webinar No. 318 February 2021 – 5pm-6pm CETTargeting hyperinflam...
Optimizing patient management with CytoSorb Hemoperfusion Therapy in Cardiac Surgery - scientific evidence and clinical practice Webinar No. 2
International Experts meeting - 4 feb 2021.pdf4 February 2021 – ...
Optimizing patient management with CytoSorb Hemoperfusion Therapy in Cardiac Surgery - scientific evidence and clinical practice Webinar No. 1
Optimizing patient management with CytoSorb Hemoperfusion Therapy in C...
“MiECTiS Live 2020” Global Web Meeting
MiECTiS Live 2020.pdf.pdfΟn behalf of MiECTiS Board of Directo...
The European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Mr. Gerdy Debeuckelaere MScN, ECCP, CCP
General Secretary c/o
The European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion